Who we are
Numan is changing the way men look after their health and wellness. It’s a decades-old problem: men aren’t seeking the healthcare that they need. Our survey showed that modern-day society is yet to conquer this worrying trend. It revealed that 4 out of 10 men haven’t visited a doctor in over a year, and 1 out of 10 can’t even remember the last time they saw a doctor.
We’re building a platform that gives men direct access to medical professionals, pharmaceutical products, and the knowledge to make informed choices about their health. Our mission is to help men across the world live healthier, happier lives with Numan as their trusted, long-term partner for all things relating to their wellbeing.
Our aspirations are big - we recently raised Series B funding, working with industry-renowned, top-tier investors including White Star Capital, Novator, Anthemis and Vostok New Ventures. This massively accelerated our growth in 2021, and we have ambitious plans for further growth in 2022. We’re looking to expand our world class team to help us achieve our mission, and we’re looking for the right people to work with us to make this vision a reality.
Your mission at Numan
Building a best-in-class Data & Analytics capability is one of the top priorities in helping us reach the next level of growth. As a result we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the team, own our analytics data pipeline, and build the foundations that will take our analytics and data driven decision-making to the next level.
You’re a key hire in a small team that will grow into a full data and insights capability in the next 12 months. You’ll be influencing how the team grows and matures, the tools it adopts, the processes that are put in place, and the way we operate.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Lead Data Engineer on the end-to-end analytics pipeline, implementing and maintaining best practices to ensure pipeline health. To include monitoring, alerting, documentation and user comms.
- Develop, Communicate and Execute against the Data Engineering Roadmap.
- Working closely with our engineering teams to ensure a high quality and comprehensive data flow.
- Ensure metric integrity within the ‘consumption layer’ and associated BI tools.
- Build a robust set of ETL processes, to ensure the DWh is fit for complex Data Science, in terms of stability, resolution, update frequency and external data augmentation.
- Manage data access and security privileges across the stack.
In short, this is a high-impact role for a highly communicative individual who can provide thought leadership and wants to be close to the decision-making part of the action. It’s the opportunity to make a difference and to define the data DNA of the company that will serve us well for years to come.
Our current Data Platform (Stack) comprises; Google Big Query, SAYN & Looker. As a key early hire, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to define our platform and tools going forward.
What experience you bring
- Have extensive experience in sql, both at production grade and analytical level, gained through intensive application in a commercial business environment.
- Have proven skills in extracting, transforming and transporting data within and between data environments.
- Hands-on exposure to development of ‘data views’ with one or more BI tools such as PowerBI, Looker, Tableau, Microstrategy.
- Developed thought leadership on Data Engineering best practices, and what ‘good looks like’ from a consumption-layer design perspective.
- Knowledge and experience with database infrastructure and/or containers
- Familiar with the concept of AB Testing within consumer digital journeys.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, and attention to detail.
- Pragmatic self-starter with a proven track record for delivering impactful work.
Values we share
- Mission led - You have a passion for and deep subject matter interest in health and wellbeing.
- Highly empathetic and collaborative - You’ll be bringing togetherness and drive contribution.
- Low ego - The best technology leaders spend their time enabling teams to do their best work by providing context, direction and removing roadblocks.
- Ownership - We win and lose together. This role requires candidates who are comfortable taking ownership and high levels of responsibility. We reward that with a highly autonomous way of working that empowers you and your teams.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive base salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- A flexible working environment that allows you to make the biggest impact
- A chance to help build a category-defining company that’s making a real difference in people’s lives
- Continuous learning - Books, online subscriptions and budget for workshops and conferences.
- Annual Learnerbly budget
- Work in a dog friendly office
- Health Insurance with HealthShield. This is a health cash plan paid for by the company. It also includes 24/7 counselling support, EAP programme, 24/7 GP access, access to wellbeing app Thrive and further discounts on fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and your weekly shop via the reward platform MyPerks.
- Free access to the gym in the London HQ
- Free drinks, coffee and snacks in the office
- Pension contribution: 5% employee 3% employer contribution
- Cycle to work scheme and secure cycle area to keep your bike safe
- Discount to our Numan products (also for family and friends)
- Free eye test
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status