Numan is changing the way men look after their health and wellness. We’re building a platform that gives direct access to medical professionals, pharmaceutical products and the knowledge to make informed choices about your health. Our mission is to help men across the world live healthier, happier lives with Numan as their trusted, long-term partner for all things relating to their wellbeing.
Our aspirations are big - we recently raised a £10m Series A working with industry-renowned, top-tier investors including Novatar, Anthemis and Vostok New Ventures, and we are looking to accelerate our growth in 2021. We plan to expand our world class team to ensure we achieve our mission, and we are looking for the right person to work with the team to empower us to make this vision a reality.
We’re happy to consider a flexible working schedule for this role.
About the role, and the person we would like to join us:
We recognise that building a world-class team requires expert guidance right at the start of the talent acquisition process. Therefore we’re hiring a tech recruiter who believes in our mission to improve the lives of men through better access to healthcare.
Our talent acquisition manager will work with our Head of Engineering, engineering manager and senior engineers to design and recruit the engineering team which will take us on the next steps of our mission to improve men’s access to health and wellness. Working with a highly experienced and influential People Director you will hone your craft in a safe environment that encourages proactivity and creative thinking.
We are looking for someone adept at creating high performing teams across a portfolio of tech companies including PE/VC backed, scaling tech and disruptive, innovator organisations.
The person we have in mind will be outcomes-focussed and have a bias to action, fostering collaboration and communication to facilitate successful, sustainable growth. We are committed to finding someone who is passionate about culture, values, and behaviours, ensuring that they are clear, concise, meaningful, and embedded in the DNA of the business, policies, and people framework.
Key measures of success for this role over 12 months:
- Coaching the engineering team in how to streamline the interview process
- Supporting the people director in devising a slick process from offer to onboarding, ramp-up to productivity and probation
- Recruitment experience working for an agency hiring technical disciplines OR
- In-house talent acquisition experience for a growing tech-company
- Bonus points if this is a D2C or e-comm brand
- Experience hiring locally, internationally and remote-first
- Experience in a product and service-lead tech business is ideal
- Bonus points if you come from a CQC-regulated tech company e.g. Elder, Accurrx
What you’ll do:
- Work with our engineering leaders to define role profiles, job specs and adverts
- Review CV’s and conduct thorough screening calls, consulting our engineering leaders on who to hire
- Suggest iterations to improve our interview process
- Manage the hiring process for engineers from first contact to hire
- Keep in touch with new hires throughout their notice period, supporting onboarding and ramp-up
- Support the probation review and goal setting process
- Deliver market expertise and insight into remuneration and employee value proposition
- Consider new tools and technologies that would improve our access to the candidate pool
- Support the People Director and exec team in designing and costing a hiring team
Your go-to approach will include:
- Focussing on outcomes over output
- Remaining unfazed by ambiguity; demonstrating how to convert chaos into order
- Owning problems, being accountable for their success
- Being ego-free, sharing praise and advocating self-reflection over blame
- Communicating clearly, with passion, both at a high level and in the detail
- A competitive salary
- Equity ownership in scaling company with limitless potential
- A chance to build a category-defining company that’s making a real difference in people’s lives
- A flexible working environment that allows you to work how you work best
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Choose your own equipment - Mac or PC whatever helps you be the most productive