The Numan GP will be supported by an experienced team and an opportunity to work with a growing organisation with a global team. You will benefit from commitment to your personal and professional development working in a team that is led by clinicians, technologists and entrepreneurs.
This role may suit a clinician who is looking to add to their portfolio and gain more experience in digital health. We would encourage applicants who want the flexibility of working from home and are able to commit at least 2 clinical sessions per week (4 hours per session) .
About the role
The Numan GP will conduct remote consultations with patients through our online consultation platform, communicating via asynchronous messaging and pre booked telephone consultations. They will use our online consultation platform to make remote prescribing decisions and to review blood test results.
This is a great opportunity to influence the direct care of citizens through an online consultation model supported by a clinical team. You will benefit from a real commitment to your personal and professional development working with experienced senior clinicians with global digital health expertise.
The Numan GP will:
- Assess and manage patients remotely
- Review diagnostics: such as blood tests results
- Maintain patient records with detail, accuracy and efficiency
- Flexible approach and ability to prioritise work tasks effectively
- Implement learning from any incidents and complaints
- Take part in ongoing clinical quality improvement
- Suggest opportunities for digital innovation
- Provides high quality clinical care aligned with national guidelines.
- Proactively identifies and voices concerns about clinical risks.
- Experienced clinician with credibility and the ability to command the respect of all clinical and non-clinical professionals.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Clinical registration and validation within the UK
- Clinical practice in a remote or digital health environment, for example providing remote care in urgent care or primary care, but could also include in an acute care setting.
- Understanding of the principles of Symptom Checking and Clinical Decision Support Systems (CDSS).
- An understanding of the needs of citizens and this translates to digital health, telehealth and telemedicine.
- A good understanding of clinical effectiveness, clinical risk management and implementation of evidence-based practice in past workplace settings.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to challenge and influence in a variety of settings.
- Understanding of clinical governance processes and implementation of clinical governance processes.
Education Training and Development:
- Engage in appropriate professional development activities in order to maintain clinical competence and performance
- Contribute to the facilitation of a suitable educational environment in which to support the development and learning of Numan clinicians
- Undertake mandatory and statutory training
Equality and Diversity:
To support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognises the importance of people’s rights, and interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming, non-judgmental and respects the circumstances, feelings, priorities and rights of every individual.
- Registered with the GMC
- Completion of GPVTS or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year post-CCT / CESR clinical experience
- Have a background in general practice, ideally with experience of online consulting
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Have experience in consulting remotely
- Possess the ability to interpret systems data, patient outcomes and research for the purposes of ongoing clinical quality improvement
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent remuneration: annually £9,500 per session
- Full medical indemnity cover
- Flexible working environment, either from home, or when permitted from the office, access to London is desirable but not essential.
- Minimal clinical admin burden
- No home visits
- Support team (technical and customer services) always on hand during your shift.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- A chance to build a category-defining company that’s making a real difference in people’s lives.