Our ambitions are big, we're working with top-tier investors to achieve them and were growing a team to surpass them.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our motivated and growing team. We are a fast-moving, agile team made up of experienced engineers that take pride in our work. Joining at the start of our journey means you will be making a huge impact on the ways that we develop and execute.
Here are the main pieces of technology and tools that we are currently using:
- Ruby, Rails, RSpec, PostgreSQL, Redis and Memcached for our web API services.
- Node.js, Vue.js with Vuex and Nuxt.js, ES6, SCSS, Jest (and a bit of Cypress) and Webpack for our website.
- Python, Django and PostgreSQL for our Medical Platform.
- Git, GitHub, CircleCI for our code and continuous integration/deployment.
- Heroku and Cloudflare for our infrastructure.
- Sentry, New Relic and Skylight for monitoring.
- Jira for keeping us on track.
What will you do?
- You will be working in one of our e-commerce or medical teams, designing, implementing, maintaining, scaling and deploying the core of our business.
- Be instrumental in building a health platform that helps men take better care of themselves.
- Be hands-on with coding, best practices, appropriate tools and technologies. We are currently using Ruby in the web API services and Python in our Medical Platform, however, we are flexible with considering alternatives wherever these are better for the business.
- Work with other parts of the business in clarifying requirements at the onset of projects and suggesting different and relevant technical approaches.
- Have basic to intermediate engineering experience. Ruby and Rails or Python and Django would be great, however, we are not fussy as long as you are able to adapt.
- Have basic knowledge of SQL and know your way around relational databases.
- Have a basic understanding of web APIs and distributed systems.
- Are self-learning and have a strong desire to become a better engineer by writing code that you are proud of.
- Have solid communication skills. You are able to work in cross-functional teams and collaborate effectively with remote team members.
- Take pride in your work and are always looking to improve, not settling for average.
- Want to work for a brand with a purpose.
- Have a bias for action and are results-focused.
- A competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Choose your own equipment - Mac or PC whatever helps you be the most productive.
- Continuous learning - Books, online subscriptions and budget for workshops and conferences
- A flexible and remote-friendly working environment that allows you to work how you work best.
- A chance to build a category-defining company that's making a real difference in peoples lives.